Love Struck Writing contest; ng pumana si Kupido

As Valentine's day is fast approaching, stories of love hits everywhere. I may not always have the occassion to share how my husband and I crossed our path until cupid struck us with his arrow: I am taking this occassion to share that moment.

I met my husband long time ago. I was on my third year in the university while he was on his second year in highschool. May-December love affair? Call it anyway you like it but this is how we met and the story that goes with it.

I was a working student during college days. To earn extra buckets, I was employed by a tour operator packaging field trips for students. I was part of the brigade of what they call "tour-guides" assisting students so that teachers and principals can have time to enjoy the trip. I normally work on Wednesdays and Saturdays: the days I dont have classes. My daily schedule is always very hectic, so that Wednesday that we met up to pick up the students for our field trip, I wasn't even aware where we're going. After couple of hours of driving, we finally arrived in a big compound of a very known private school outside Manila. We saw the students all eagerly waiting for us. As normal procedure goes, students were directed towards their buses which are numbered. My Boss, told me to climb on bus number 4 and she told me those are prime section of the second year class. As we often do, I introduce myself and our field trip started. The field trip arranged for these students was a very demanding one in terms of preparation. Since it was a historical field trip to Intramuros, we were obliged to know historical facts. At around 4 in the afternoon the field trip is over. But we need to rush back to the school, since the school is outside Manila. For a tiring day like this I often end up miggling with the students inside the bus on our way back. I decided to go in the middle of the bus, since I was all the time in the front seat. One of the girl student invited me to sit close to her. We chatted a lot of stuffs. Out of tiredness and lack of sleep, I yawned with my two arms extending. Suddenly, I felt a hand that held my hand. I thought it was, the girl student seated behind me. But I realise afterwards, since everyone on the bus started teasing me. I looked back only to realise it was a guy's hand. I blushed, "oh my gosh he was so good looking", I thought. Why I didn't notice him during the trip, I thought again. I pulled back my hand, but it was already too late. Everybody was laughing and teasing us. I decided to go back on my seat instead on the front row still blushing. We arrived in the school but this incident is still in my head. Everyone bid me goodbye. He decided to leave the bus the last one. And he told me, I'll see you tomorrow. I smiled and I'm still trembling.

After I met up with my colleagues and my Boss, she told me afterwards, that I needed to skip classes the next day for they are in short of a guide for the Third year and Fourth year batches. I didn't hesitated to accept the job, which I normally do for my studies are my priority. But I was longing to see this guy again, for the last time. All my colleagues are teasing me. Apparently everybody's aware of this holding hand incident inside my bus. The next day, I was very excited. I exerted effort to look prettier, after all this is probably the last time I will ever see this cute guy again. When we arrived at the school, to my dismay, all the second year students that were present yesterday were there except him. Where could he be I thought. Then of the student told me, that this guy is often late in class. I tell you, my sky crumble into pieces over me. During the entire trip with the fourth year students, I wasn't me. I was so disgusted to miss my class thinking at least I will see this "cute guy" again. Come to think of it, all those "stupid and crazy things I did in the name of love...or infantuation?." I had the impression that the field trip ended so long that day. But I was still keeping some hope in my heart that I could probably see him again when we bring back the students to their school. But my sky crumbled again into million pieces, when our bus driver explained to me it was a local holiday in that town. Roads will surely be blocked and buses will not be able to reach the school. I almost feel like crying, explaining that to the students that they will probably needed to go down few kilometers away from school. It was already dark and raining when we reach the town. The students decided to go down immediately and bid me goodbye. I was less enthusiastic than yesterday, for obvious reasons. Then our bus driver told me, that I needed to go down too, because he will already go back to Manila. He asked me whether
I go back with him to Manila or I waited for my colleagues and our Boss somewhere else in the town. I opted the latter. Great!, I don' t have my umbrella and my heart is broken. I was standing there waiting for the bus to leave. When I turned my head up, I saw him standing on the other side of the road, smiling at me. I thought I was dreaming. I pinched myself and it was true. He ran towards me and helped me with my stuffs. He held my hand again and we escape to a nearest abode to keep us from rain. We were all wet but my heart wad full of joy and excitement. He whispered in my ears, "You scared me, I thought I'll never see you again, I'll never let you go from now on". And that's the start of it.

5 comments:

aww what a cute romantic story. Iba talaga if Cupid hits you. Glad you shared it.

 

such so romantic story, kinilig tuloy ako while reading it! hihi

Btw, thanks for visiting my page as well the nice compliments.
I'll add you in my links if you don't mind? thanks and best regards!

 

noemi, hehehe thanks for this love struck writing contest too!!

jamminglady, me too i call it destiny!!

lucille, sure me too i'll put a link of your blog

 

wonderful! very romantic! :D

 

ayos lang!mejo cute..nakakakilig